Being a teenager can be tough. It’s the time when you’re learning who you are. Figuring out what being healthy really means is all new and can be overwhelming. Heck, it’s still overwhelming to me. In the attempts to keep myself in check, my diet mainly consisted of grilled chicken and iceberg lettuce despite my mom’s efforts. Honestly ate that for at least a year straight for dinner. Not sure how I’d managed it, but I was convinced it was the right thing to do. This is a product-provided, sponsored conversation on behalf of Viactiv that contains affiliate links. I received Viactiv products for my own personal use. All opinions, text and experiences are my own.
5 Things to Know About Calcium as a Teen
Are you a calcium buff? Let’s see if you knew about these tidbits about calcium as a teen.
- I thought calcium was only found in dairy products. While it is a great source, you can also find it in foods like kale.
- 95% of bone building occurs by the time a teen girl is 20 years old, calcium plays a big part in this process.
- The decisions you make as a growing teen can directly effect your life in later years. Not enough calcium to make strong bones, could lead to issues as an older adult.
- 86% of teenage girls have calcium-deficient diets. Wow. The statistics are mind blowing to say the least.
- Calcium isn’t just for your bones, it also plays a part in helping muscles (including the heart) and nerves function properly.
Add this info to a whole slew of other things I wish that I’d known growing up! The good news is that it’s easier than ever to get the calcium needed. Being aware of what your daily calcium needs are and scoping out the right foods will do the trick. For teens that are on the go, there’s an even easier way to ensure they’re getting the calcium they need each day with options like Viactiv® Calcium Soft Chews. Available in milk chocolate and caramel, they’re hard to forgot each day.
It’s so easy to Chews to be Strong with Viactiv! They come individually wrapped, so you can toss one Viactiv Soft Chew into your teenager’s lunch bag for school, then have a second chew after dinner. Each chew has 500 mg of calcium with 500 IU of vitamin D. Teen girls require 1300 mg daily of calcium and at least 600 IUs of vitamin D, so this is one shortcut you won’t want to forget. Serving up great snacks like lowfat yogurt or fruit smoothies made with low-fat milk and they will get their daily intake in no time! That’s it!
Start this school year right and print this coupon to get $2 off your next Viactiv Soft Chews purchase!
Viactiv Calcium Soft Chews are available in milk chocolate and caramel flavors at major retailers including CVS, Rite Aid, Target, Walgreens and Walmart, as well as supermarkets nationwide. Save $2 on your next in-store purchase with the Viactiv printable coupon.
This is a product-provided, sponsored conversation on behalf of Viactiv that contains affiliate links. I received Viactiv products for my own personal use. All opinions, text and experiences are my own.