Game day just got a lot tastier. It's time to get creative with your game-day snacks! Make football celebrations more fun with an inventive and tasty football dessert board made with delicious store-bought chocolate frosting.
Why You'll Love It
Here's why the football-themed dessert board is awesome:
- Looks Great: It's a neat and fun way to serve yummy desserts.
- Mix and Match: You can pick and choose your favorite sweets to put on it, so it works for any type of party.
- Lots of Choices: There are cookies, brownies, cupcakes, and candies, so everyone will find something they like.
- Fun to Use: Your guests will enjoy picking out their favorite treats.
- Party Perfect: It's great for parties, game nights, birthdays, or any get-together where you want to wow your guests.
- Easy to Do: Even though it looks fancy, it's easy to put together, so you can spend more time having fun.
- Kids Love It: Both kids and grown-ups will be attracted to the fun football theme and all the tasty treats.
- Balanced Tastes: With a mix of chocolate, creamy, and crunchy desserts, everyone will enjoy the flavors.
- Great Conversation Opener: Its unique look can get people talking and make your get-together memorable.
- Chocolate Frosting like Hershey brand.
- White Writing Icing
- OREO Cookies
- Little Debbie Fudge Rounds
- Little Debbie Swiss Rolls
- Little Debbie Cosmic Brownies
- Fudge Stripe Cookies
- Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- Mini Chocolate Cupcakes
- Pinwheel Cookies
- Mini OREO Cookies
- Rolo Caramels
How to Make a Football Dessert Board
Creating this frosting board is extremely easy. Start by roughly crushing 3 Oreo cookies and setting them aside.
Use a spatula to create a football shape using an entire container of chocolate frosting on a clean serving tray. Use the white icing to draw the football "stitching". Then sprinkle the crushed Oreo cookie along the perimeter of the football.
Next, add the sweets to the board. Add the Swiss Rolls to the corners. Add the Fudge Rounds to the top right and bottom left corners near the Swiss Rolls. Add the Fudge Stripe Cookies to the remaining space and over the Fudge Rounds against the sides of the tray.
Add the remaining Oreo cookies around the center top and bottom of the tray. Fill in the remaining spaces with mini cupcakes and pinwheel cookies. Add mini Oreo cookies, chocolate-covered pretzels, and Rolo caramels into the spaces and gaps.
Serve your Frosting Board with spoons and plates.
Can It Be Made Ahead
This Football Dessert Board is best when it is made and served at the same time. It can be made slightly ahead, and then covered well until serving. It is best to make and serve this decadent dessert snack board the same day as it is made.
If you find that you have leftovers, make sure to cover them well with plastic wrap. Another idea is to move the opened snacks to an airtight container and
Can I substitute any of the desserts with healthier options?
Certainly, you can incorporate healthier alternatives like fruit skewers, yogurt-covered berries, or dark chocolate options. However, balance is key to maintaining the visual appeal of the board.
How do I prevent the chocolate-covered pretzels from melting?
Store-bought chocolate-covered pretzels usually have a stable coating. However, if you're making them yourself, temper the chocolate or keep the board in a cool place to prevent melting, especially in warm weather.
If you want something savory to pair with this treat spread, you want to check out this football wings board, too.
- 16 ounce Chocolate Frosting Tub
- White Writing Icing
- 15 OREO Cookies, divided
- 8 Little Debbie Swiss Rolls
- 4 Little Debbie Fudge Rounds
- 2 Little Debbie Cosmic Brownies, halved
- 8 Fudge Stripe Cookies
- 6 Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- 2 Mini Chocolate Cupcakes
- 6 Pinwheel Cookies
- 10 Mini OREO Cookies
- 12 Rolo Caramels
- Roughly crush and crumble 3 OREO Cookies and set aside.
- Use an offset spatula to spread entire container of chocolate frosting into the center of a clean serving tray and shape like a football.
- Use white writing icing to draw on one long vertical stripe down the center of the football and various smaller lines through it horizontally for the football “stitching”.
- Sprinkle the crushed OREO cookies around the perimeter of the frosting football to define the football shape.
- Add two Swiss Rolls to each corner of your serving tray.
- Add Little Debbie Fudge Rounds to the top right and bottom left corners near the Swiss Rolls.
- Add Fudge Stripe Cookies to fill in the remaining spaces under and over the Fudge Rounds against the sides of the tray.
- Add remaining OREO cookies around the center top and center bottom of the serving tray.
- Fill the remaining larger spaces with mini cupcakes and Pinwheel cookies.
- Fill in smaller gaps and spaces with mini OREO cookies, chocolate covered pretzels and Rolo Caramels.
- Serve your Frosting Board with spoons and plates.
NOTES: This frosting board is best prepared and enjoyed on the same day.