Looking for slow cooker recipes that highlight all that is awesome about spring and summer? Enter this Mango Salsa Slow Cooker Chicken Recipe that uses plenty of fresh fruit and veggies. This past week, I was trying to come up with some scrumptious ideas for this time of the year. This was definitely one of the winning ideas!
For a fresh kick of awesome, I used ingredients that would be used to make mango salsa. With mango, red onion, cilantro and cherry tomatoes, this easy recipe is packed with flavorful and colorful produce. A sprinkling of taco seasoning brings all the flavors together for a nice pop. This is wonderful served over some plain rice, it’s packed with enough flavor to hold it’s own!
Isn’t cilantro the best? I only came to love it a few years ago and just can’t get enough! I was excited to be able to add some to this dish for an added bit of salsa flavor.
To make this meal gluten free, make sure to use a gluten free taco seasoning.
Hope you enjoy!
- 1.5 lbs of Boneless Chicken Tenderloins (or breasts sliced thinly)
- 1 Mango (peeled & chopped into small chunks)
- 1/2 Cup Red Onion (chopped)
- 1/2 Cup Cherry or Grape Tomatoes (halved)
- Juice of 2 Limes
- Cilantro chopped (few pinches)
- 1.5 Tablespoons of Taco Seasoning (divided)
- Place onions on bottom of your slow cooker, layer chicken evenly on top. Sprinkle one tablespoon of taco seasoning over the top evenly. Add mango, tomatoes and cilantro. Pour lime juice over the top and sprinkle with remaining taco seasoning. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6.5 hours until chicken is cooked thoroughly. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 272Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 264mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 36g
Do you have any spring/summer favorite recipes for your slow cooker? Share!