Calling all fans of The Nightmare Before Christmas! This easy Halloween treat is for you. Oogie Boogie Gelatin Cups are a Halloween treat that kids love. Bonus! They are so ridiculously easy to make and won't take much time to prepare! This post may contain affiliate links.
This recipe is perfect for those of you who want your little ones to have a fun, spooky holiday with absolutely none of the fuss.
These cute little JELLO cups can be prepared and ready-to-serve in just minutes. Kids might enjoy making them as well. They are absolutely perfect for a cute The Nightmare Before Christmas movie-night this Halloween season.
OOGIE BOOGIE GELATIN SNACK CUPS
Learn to make Halloween jello cups in couple easy steps. These are perfect party snacks for kids! If you're planning a DIY Disney-themed Halloween party or just looking to enjoy a fun movie night treat, you have come to the right place.
OOGIE BOOGIE GELATIN INGREDIENTS
You don't need much to create these super fun and spooky dessert cups! With just a few items you will be on your way to making your very own oogie boogie dessert.
GREEN GELATIN CUPS - are the perfect way to easily make your own Oogie Boogie desserts.
BLACK SHARPIE - which we will use to draw a simple face onto the gelatin cups that resembles Oogie Boogie.
WHIPPED TOPPING - is the perfect topping to add to gelatin cups.
GREEN FOOD GEL - we will use this to tint the whipped topping.
SOUR WORMS - will add a fun extra creepy touch to our Oogie Boogie snacks.
ICING BAG AND TIP - to make these snack cups look like Oogie Boogie, you will want to use an icing bag and icing tip of choice to pipe on your whipped topping.
I used a round tip and pressed the whipped topping into one blob that comes to a point that resembles the top of Oogie Boogies sack head.
READY TO EAT INDIVIDUAL GREEN GELATIN SNACK CUPS
There are a few vanities of green gelatin cups available for purpose. Here is a list of a few that are readily available.
- KOOL-AID GELS Strawberry Kiwi 4 Pack
- Jell-O Lemon-Lime Sugar Free Gelatin Snack 4 Pack
- Super Snack Pack Lemon-Lime Juicy Gels 6 Pack
- Green Gelatin Cups are part of Winky Sugar Free Gelatin Multipacks
HOW TO MAKE OOGIE BOOGIE GELATIN CUPS
The first thing to do to prepare these fun gelatin cups is to draw a face resembling Oogie Boogies onto one side of each cup.
To do this, we will use a black Sharpie or other thick black marker.
I recommend practicing on a piece of paper before getting started. Oogie Boogie makes so many different faces and is portrayed in many ways, choose your favorite inspiration to draw on (figuratively).
I chose a simple look for the mouth and eyes, then I drew "stitching" around it all to seal the deal.
Next, in a small bowl, mix in green food coloring gel until fully combined. Start with a little bit and work your way up until your whipped topping is the desired green color.
Add the whipped topping mixture to your pastry bag that is fitted with your round frosting tip.
Press the mixture down the pastry bag until it is ready to be dispensed.
Hold the tip over the center of each gelatin cup and press the whipped topping out in one motion. Once the desired about is dispensed, lighten up how much you are pressing on the bag and lift quickly to have the topping come to a point to look like the top of Oogie Boogie's sack head.
Add a sour worm to each cup for a fun extra touch that everyone will love.
WHO IS OOGIE BOOGIE?
You might be wondering who Oogie Boogie is at this point? Oogie Boogie is a villain in Disney's The Nightmare Before Christmas movie. He's a master at tricks and great at scaring children.
Oogie has gained more and more popularity year after year since the movie released in 1993.
Visually Oogie Boogie looks like a burlap sack with an evil face on it. He's technically a straw-like/tan/khaki color but is often portrayed as green in art and products. He or his burlap sack body is filled with yucky insects for the ultimate creep factor.
DISNEY HALLOWEEN PARTY FOOD
This year, treat yourself and guests at your next Halloween party with some fantastic recipes inspired by favorite characters from our favorite Walt Disney movies.
Transform regular treats into some not-so-spooky treats that are fit for all of your upcoming celebrations.
The possibilities are endless, so go ahead give them all a try!
- Jell-O Lemon-Lime Sugar Free Gelatin Snack, 4 Pack
- 2 Cups Cool Whip (or Whipped Topping)
- Green Food Coloring Gel
- 4 Sour Worms
- Black Sharpie
- Round Frosting Tip
- Disposable Pasty Bag
- In a small bowl, add whipped topping and then mix in green food coloring gel until fully combined. Start with a little bit and work your way up until your whipped topping is the desired green color. Cover and refrigerate.
- Using the Sharpie to draw two eyes and mouth to look like Oogie Boogie. Draw tiny lines to surround the eyes and mouth to look like stitching. Remove lids off of each cup.
- Add the whipped topping mixture to your pastry bag that is fitted with your round frosting tip. Press the mixture down the pastry bag until it is ready to be dispensed.
- Hold the tip over the center of each gelatin cup and press the whipped topping out in one motion. Once the desired about is dispensed, lighten up how much you are pressing on the bag and lift quickly to have the topping come to a point to look like the top of Oogie Boogie's sack head.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
- Add a sour worm to each cup before serving as a garnish.