It's 2020 and it was time for a little revamp of this yummy Pumpkin Dump Cake recipe. Originally posted back in 2015 and it was time for a bit of a flavor upgrade. This time around, I wanted to add a big pop of extra fall-inspired flavor so I swapped out yellow cake mix for spice cake mix. After experimenting with this Apple Dump Cake, I knew it would be a good swap for the perfect fall dessert. Plus a little more butter to help to add richness and overall moistness to the cake.
I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. Let's make it!
Are you feeling the fall vibes yet? You know, since we live in Florida now, it does feel a little different. But, I am convinced that it's a state of mind. Eating plenty of pumpkin desserts will definitely bring you to that happy fall place real quick.
I'm hopeful that with Halloween on the way and my insistence of making pumpkin recipes that it will kick in for real.
This super easy recipe is truly a good start!
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Dump Cake anyone?
The best part is that it's made with only 5 ingredients! (Well, at least that's my favorite part!)
PUMPKIN SLOW COOKER DESSERT RECIPE
This recipe is very similar to one of my other favorite slow cooker desserts: Death by Chocolate Dump Cake.
The ingredients for this are only:
- spice cake mix
- pudding mix
- canned pumpkin.
Swirl it all together and turn on your trusted slow cooker for about 3 hours. No, this is not a prank. It's the real deal and you aren't going to believe how yummy it is.
The result is scrumptious!
To serve, I highly recommend drizzling with caramel.
It will truly take this cake over the top.
Some vanilla ice cream and whipped topping will make it even more luscious. Nom!
Just look at that oozy caramel. It gets me everytime.
Didn't have the heart to remove the original photos for this recipe. This original version was made with vanilla cake mix and only 1 stick of butter.
- Spice Cake Mix (15.25 oz)
- 1 Box Instant Vanilla Pudding (3.4oz)
- 1 Can of Pumpkin (15oz)
- 1 ½ Cups of Milk
- 1 ½ Stick of Butter (melted)
- Line your slow cooker with parchment paper or liner.
- Dump the dry cake mix evenly along the bottom of your lined slow cooker.
- Dump the vanilla pudding mix and then the canned pumpkin.
- Pour melted butter evenly over the top of the dry ingredients.
- Pour the milk evenly over the dry ingredients.
- Take a spoon and gently mix until dry ingredients is slightly moistened.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours. Cooking time will vary depending on the size of your slow cooker. The larger it is, the less cook time will be needed. The cake will be slightly “wet” in the center. This is a good thing, you don't want to overcook it. There are no eggs in this recipe, so wet is good! It's best when the center is cooked just slightly beyond it's original liquid state and the sides are starting to firm up. Enjoy!
Recommended: Line slow cooker with parchment paper or a slow cooker liner.
Recommended: Top with a full scoop of Ice Cream and drizzle with Caramel Sauce just before serving.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 472Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 53mgSodium 681mgCarbohydrates 65gFiber 1gSugar 36gProtein 5g
If you'd like a visual of this recipe, catch my latest video for an easy to follow tutorial:
Find more slow cooker recipes here!
What are your absolute favorite fall desserts?