This post is sponsored by the "Make It Italian" promotion at Publix. The opinions and text are all mine.
Keeping dinner exciting doesn't have to be hard. For a quick meal hack, try transforming a family favorite into an all-new dish. For example, enter this Ravioli Sheet Pan Pizza! Instead of crust, we're using ravioli for a change. This was an instant hit with my family and I'm excited to share it with you. It's easy to upgrade dinner with Buitoni products and Rao's Homemade Sauces that I got during the "Make It Italian" promotion at Publix.
Before we talk about how to make this pizza, let me tell you about the savings on some ingredients and more that you can take advantage of right now. To save between now and 10/22, pick up the Extra Savings flyer that includes the “Make It Italian” promotion in-store at Publix. If you don't see the flyer upon entering the store, just ask for one at customer service..
I was able to find great savings on products used in this Ravioli Pizza recipe.
- $4.99 Mezzetta Artisan Ingredients Marinara 24-oz your choice
- $6.29 Buitoni Ravioli, Tortellini or Tortelloni 20-oz your choice (refrigerated)
- $7.99 Rao's Homemade Sauce 32-oz your choice
- 2 for $4 Rao's Homemade Pasta 16-oz your choice
RAVIOLI PIZZA RECIPE
This fun pizza is made with a unique ravioli crust thanks to Buitoni Four Cheese Ravioli Refrigerated Pasta. Then, it's topped with Rao's Marinara sauce that adds an authentic Italian flavor. If you haven't tried their sauces yet, you don't want to miss them. They remind me of the slow-cooked sauce my mom would make on special occasions when I was a kid. Such a delish dash of nostalgia.
RAVIOLI PIZZA INGREDIENTS
Just a handful of ingredients are needed to make this fun take on pizza. You will most likely have most of them on hand already.
Buitoni Four Cheese Ravioli Refrigerated Pasta – This is the perfect base for a nice cheesy pizza. It makes for the pizza crust you never knew you were missing with perfectly cheesy pillowy tops.
Rao's Homemade Marinara Sauce - Give authentic flavor to any dish with this rich and full-bodied sauce. It's the perfect dinner staple to keep on hand.
Olive Oil - will help give some authentic flavor and create the perfect non-stick solution for our pizza.
Egg - is going to help us keep the ravioli crust together perfectly. You won't even believe this magic.
Milk - just a few splashes will help us to get the crust, crusty.
Sea Salt - will help make our ravioli pizza crust flavors pop even more.
Garlic Powder - what is an Italian-inspired dish without extra garlic flavor? We will also use this to make the crust stand out.
Grated Cheese – This is another binder that will keep our pizza crust, crusty.
Shredded Cheese – One of my fav parts of eating pizza is no doubt the cheese. To make this epic, I used both mozzarella and sharp cheddar. You can choose your own favorites.
Veggies – Your choice of veggies such as black olives, sliced green peppers, mushrooms, diced onions. The cheese ravioli crust is so versatile and will work with all your pizza cravings. Try ALL the combos!
HOW TO MAKE RAVIOLI PIZZA
Pick up some of your favorite Buitoni Ravioli as the pizza base and a bottle of Rao’s Marinara Sauce and get ready to make this delicious dinner creation that your family will be excited to try.
While the oven is heating, we will make our egg mixture to help us bind the ravioli crust. In a medium bowl, whisk egg, milk, grated cheese, salt and garlic powder together until blended.
Coat a half baking sheet with olive oil and then closely layer your prepared al dente ravioli to cover the entire sheet.
Then pour the egg mixture over the top and use a food brush to ensure every bit is covered.
This goes into the oven for 15-17 minutes until the edges just start to brown and the egg mixture has firmed. Once that is done, we’re going to be lowering the oven temperature.
Next, spoon your Rao’s Marinara Sauce covering the entirety of the top of the ravioli crust leaving the perimeter empty for that classic crust vibe.
Follow the sauce with your cheese, spread it evenly over the top.
Finally, it’s time to load up on your choice of toppings. I loved adding mini pepperoni and a big variety of veggies. Pick your favorites!
Once your toppings are loaded on, it’s time to bake again at the reduced temperature to cook the toppings and get that cheese all melty.
Once it’s done, let it cool, cut and serve.
As an added garnish, if you like, add a bit of fresh parsley or basil.
Pairs perfectly with a big salad.
- PIZZA INGREDIENTS:
- 54 Buitoni 4 Cheese Raviolis (Prepared Al Dente)
- ¾ Rao's Marinara Sauce
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheese (Half Mozzarella, Half Cheddar)
- ½ Cup Mini Pepperoni
- ½ Cup Vegetables (black olives, red onions, green peppers, mushrooms)
- EGG MIXTURE:
- 2 Eggs
- ⅓ cup of milk
- 1.5 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- ¼ cup of grated cheese
- PREPARE BAKING SHEET:
- Olive Oil
- Half Baking Sheet
- Food Brush
- Preheat Oven to 400° F.
- Coat a half baking sheet with olive oil and then closely layer the prepared ravioli in overlapping rows to cover the entire baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg, milk, grated cheese, salt and garlic powder together until blended. Pour over ravioli and use food brush to thoroughly cover all of the ravioli including edges.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until the edges just start to brown and the egg mixture has firmed.
- Lower oven temperature to 350° F.
- Spoon Rao's Marinara Sauce covering the entirety of the top of the ravioli crust leaving the perimeter empty.
- Next add cheese evenly on top of the sauce layer.
- Add the mini pepperoni and vegetables of choice evenly on to of the cheese layer.
- Bake for an additional 18-20 minutes until the pepperoni looks crisped and the cheese is melty.
- Cool and serve.
Be sure to shop the Make It Italian promotion at Publix now through 10/22 to stock up on the ingredients used to create a memorable family meal!
What would you add to your ravioli pizza?