Christmas is coming and that means party time! If you're looking for a festive dessert to bring to your next shindig, look no further than this Reindeer Cheesecake Ball Platter. It's got all the flavors of your favorite holiday snack, plus a little bit of fun Christmas flair. Skip the store-bought treats this year and make your own with this easy recipe.
One of my favorite Christmas traditions is making cheeseballs. Every year, I try a new recipe, and this year I'm switching it up with a sweeter version with this reindeer cheeseball recipe. And, this sweet dessert cheeseball is a winner with the young and the old alike! Plus, it's unbelievably cute.
REINDEER CHEESECAKE BALL PLATTER
Making a cheesecake ball is a holiday tradition for so many people. Myself included! But, have you ever tried a dessert cheesecake ball? You will fall in love quickly after the first time of this sweet treat! Plus, it's so festive that it's bound to be a star of the holiday dessert table!
This fun and festive dessert dipping ball is sure to get everyone into the Christmas spirit. And it's so easy to make - just a few simple ingredients! Let me show you how it's done! Then, I will share some tasty suggestions on how to turn this into the best dessert platter.
REINDEER CHEESECAKE BALL INGREDIENT LIST
This Reindeer Cheesecake Ball only requires a few basic ingredients. All of these simple ingredients are so easy to find at your local grocery store, and most likely you already have some on them on hand, which can save you some cash at the store.
Here are the ingredients needed to make this recipe. Scroll down to the recipe card to see the exact measurements. You can also print them there.
- softened full-fat cream cheese
- softened unsalted butter
- powdered sugar
- oreo crumbs (oreo in a food processor)
- vanilla extract
- mini chocolate chips
- brown m&ms
- red gum ball
- standard pretzels
HOW TO MAKE REINDEER CHEESECAKE BALL
Making this simple dessert cheeseball only requires a few simple steps. Just follow these directions and you will crowd-pleasing festive dessert in no time at all and with minimal effort, which is a win-win if you ask me.
First, let's cream the butter and cream cheese. In a large mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese, vanilla extract, and butter using an electric hand mixer.
Second, it's time to sweeten it up, so let's add in the powdered sugar and oreo crumbs and beat until incorporated.
Now, it's time to chill the cheeseball. So, cover your mixture with plastic wrap or beeswax wrap and place it in the fridge for two hours to chill.
Then it's time to plate it up! Once your cheeseball mixture is chilled, scoop it out onto a serving tray lined with parchment paper and shape it into an oval. Make sure the shape is smooth and free of lumps.
Now, let's make the reindeer. Cover the cheesecake ball with the mini chocolate chips. Place the two brown M&M's for the eyes and the four red M&M's for the reindeer’s nose. And, don't worry, I won't tell anyone if you eat the rest of the M&M's yourself!
Let's add the antlers! Place three pretzels on each side of the reindeer for the antlers.
Lastly, it's time to serve! Enjoy with cookies, marshmallows, etc!
REINDEER CHEESECAKE BALL NOTES
Here are a few tips to make sure that your recipes turn out perfectly every time you make them!
- Chilling the cheesecake ball mixture is imperative to this recipe. Chilling helps set the mixture and will make it easier for you to form the reindeer shape.
- If you’d like to give the cheesecake ball a classic holiday feel, add 1⁄2 tbsp peppermint extract rather than 1 tbsp vanilla extract to the mixture.
CAN I MAKE A CHEESECAKE BALL AHEAD?
Absolutely! This recipe is perfect for making ahead of time. You can make the cheeseball mixture up to 3 days before and store it in the fridge until ready to form into shape.
REINDEER CHEESEBALL PLATTER
Upgrade your reindeer themed dessert to an entire platter! Here is exactly what I used to make this magic happen below.
- Reindeer Cheesecake Ball Recipe (see below)
- Chocolate Covered Graham Squares
- Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- Chocolate Cookies
- Chocolate Filled Shortbread Cookies
Here are the super easy instructions on how to arrange your cookie dipping tray.
- In the center of your serving tray, create your reindeer cheesecake ball (see recipe card below).
- To the right of the reindeer, arrange your chocolate covered pretzels and pirouettes.
- At the top right, place your large marshmallows.
- At the top left, place your biscotti.
- At the left of your reindeer, place your chocolate cookies.
- At the bottom left, add in your chocolate filled shortbread cookies.
- Chill until you’re ready to serve, then enjoy!
TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS
While these dessert options are suggestions, you can add anything to this festive board, including fruit!
Make sure to line your serving tray with parchment before placing your items to preserve the quality of your tray.
The cheesecake ball should be eaten the same day, though it will be fine if refrigerated overnight.
- 8 oz softened full-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄3 cup OREO crumbs (food processor, etc.)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 brown m&ms
- 1 red gum ball
- 6 standard pretzels
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese, vanilla extract, and butter using
an electric hand mixer.
2. Add in the powdered sugar and oreo crumbs and beat until incorporated.
3. Cover your mixture with plastic wrap or beeswax wrap and place in the fridge for two
hours to chill.
4. Once your cheesecake mixture is chilled, scoop out onto a serving tray lined with
parchment paper and shape into an oval. Make sure the shape is smooth and free of
5. Cover the cheesecake ball with the mini chocolate chips. Place the two brown m&ms for
eyes and the four red m&ms for the reindeer’s nose.
6. Place three pretzels on each side of the reindeer for the antlers.
7. Enjoy with cookies, marshmallows, etc!
Chilling the cheesecake mixture is imperative to this recipe. Chilling helps set the mixture
and will make it easier for you to form the reindeer shape.
If you’d like to give the cheesecake a classic holiday feel, add 1⁄2 tbsp peppermint extract
rather than 1 tbsp vanilla extract to the mixture.
I hope you enjoy this festive reindeer cheeseball platter as much as I do. It is sure to be the highlight of your holiday dessert table! Happy Holidays! Enjoy! 🙂
If you make this cute treat for your family, tag me with @cutefetti on social media. I would love to see your creation, too!