Mashed potatoes have always been one of my very favorite foods. As a child, everyone knew I adored them and made sure I always had a lion share. Not much has changed since those days, that's for sure. Today, I'm sharing my own unique but simple recipe for green onion and cheddar mashed potatoes in time for holiday meal planning. This is a sponsored post about Country Crock's simple recipe by Lunchbox, all opinions are my own.
Some of my fondest memories of the holidays include watching one of my grandmothers prepare this wonderfully creamy holiday must-have. It brings back some truly wonderful moments. Potatoes are like the perfect blank canvas just waiting for just the right ingredients to be added. To make my own dish, I used Country Crock’s simple recipe and milk to make it creamy. Let's face it, without the perfect moisture mashed potatoes can be SO dry. Have you tried Country Crock recently? As I spooned it into my measuring cup, I realized just how creamy it truly is, making it just perfect for nailing holiday dishes like this one.
Are you ready to try something new this holiday? Let's dig in!
- 3 medium potatoes (about 1-¼ lbs.), peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 Cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ¼ cup Country Crock® Spread
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 Tbsp. of sliced Green Onions
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Cover potatoes with water in 2-quart saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer uncovered until potatoes are very tender, about 15 minutes; drain. Return potatoes to saucepan; mash and stir in the Country Crock Spread, Milk, Salt & Pepper. Transfer mashed potatoes to a small casserole dish. Evenly top with cheddar cheese and broil until melted. Top with chopped green onions and serve.
What is your favorite mashed potato recipe?