So, I was just at Michaels recently looking for Halloween decorations and I happened upon these funny clown cupcake toppers. Since my mind was totally on Halloween, I immediately thought that Killer Clown Cupcakes would be kind of hilarious. You might remember that when our home inspector found nothing but a killer clown costume in the attic. I am not making this up. Someone that lived here in the past was either a super creep or perhaps they just had an usual sense of humor. I don't think we'll ever know, but I surely won't forget it. This post contains affiliate links.
This recipe idea could not be any more simple, that's just how I roll. These will be GREAT for so many occasions. Halloween parties all the way to a random treat to creep people out with. Clowns are definitely one of those things. You either get freaked out about them, or they make you laugh. I'm somewhere in the middle.
Killer Clown Cupcake Recipe
Here’s what you need:
6 Prepared & frosted white or vanilla cupcakes, any flavor. (Store bought or follow directions on the box)
6 Knife Icing Decorations (like these)
Wilton Red Sparkle Gel (see here)
Killer Clown Cupcake Recipe
This isn't much of a recipe, but you kwim. More like fantastically easy cupcake assembly. I like to share things that are beyond easy for busy families and really for myself. I don't have a lot of extra time or skill so simplistic ideas are my passion. So, on that note... let's assemble! 😉 Gather all of your ingredients and cupcake accessories and let's do this.
I created two different killer cupcake styles. One where the knife is plunged downward into the yummy frosting. Then, the other is upright giving the impression that the clown is pretty much about to get ya and you better start running.
I placed a clown cupcake topper in the center of each cupcake and decide which way to put in the candy knives. Then, for final measure I used the Red Sparkle Gel to get gory with it. You can't have a killer clown cupcake without sweet and oozy "blood", now can you? This is the most fun part of this whole cupcake idea if you ask me, so have fun with it.
Muah ha ha.
- 6 Prepared & frosted white or vanilla cupcakes, any flavor. (Store bought or follow directions on the box)
- 6 Vintage Clown Cupcake Toppers (Found at Michaels or similar on Amazon)
- 6 Knife Icing Decorations
- Wilton Red Sparkle Gel
- Optional: Matching Cupcake Liners
- Place a clown cupcake topper in the center of each cupcake and decide which way to put in the candy knives. Facing up or down into the frosting. Use the Red Sparkle Gel to get gory with it. You can’t have a killer clown cupcake without sweet and oozy “blood”, now can you? This is the most fun part of this whole cupcake idea if you ask me, so have fun with it. Let the icing dry for a bit before serving up this horrible treat.
Nutrition InformationServing Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 711Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 5gSodium 313mgCarbohydrates 115gSugar 107g
Who would you make these creepy cupcakes for?