With so many people obsessed with Disney cruises, I thought it would be so fun to put a cruise inspired twist on some cupcakes. Enter these Mickey and Minnie Cruise Cupcakes with a beach and nautical theme. This post may contain affiliate links.
I literally never wanted to go on any kind of cruise, pretty much a huge fear of the unknown. That all changed a couple of months ago when I found out that I was invited to Disney’s Creator event taking place this month and includes a whirlwind trip starting in Walt Disney World and ending with a cruise on the Disney Dream. How could I say no? So.. I’m totally all in.
Got my passport and my cruise door decorations ready to go. Be sure to follow along on social media as I experience not only my first Disney cruise, but also my first cruise in general.
MICKEY MOUSE CUPCAKES TO CELEBRATE A CRUISE
These easy-to-make cupcakes are perfect for surprising your family with a Disney cruise announcement. They are also just fun for any beach, ocean, nautical and vacation party themes. These would be fun for a DIY Disney themed party in the summer, too.
These unique Mickey cupcakes include fun ingredients to represent sand and sea. You can also add a cute little fondant bow to make Minnie Mouse cruise cupcakes, if you like.
Here is what you need to make these:
- Prepared Vanilla Cupcakes
- Store-Bought Buttercream Frosting (White + Teal). I love this Wilton Buttercream here.
- “Sand” – Crushed Graham Crackers
- “Life Preserver” Ring Candy. These are perfect, here.
- Mini Golden OREO Cookies
- Nautical Sprinkles. It took awhile to find the perfect sprinkles, but I finally did. See them here.
- Tiny Yellow Fondant Bows – optional for Minnie Mouse. (Yellow Fondant here + Bow Mold here)
These cute Mickey cupcakes are really easy to make and can be easily customized to work with what you have. As long as you have a few key ingredients such as the Mini Golden OREO Cookies and ring-shaped candy, you can totally make them work your way. Let me show you how I made these so you can see for yourself. Let’s do this!
Spread a thin layer for frosting over the top of each cupcake. Press each cupcake into crushed graham cracker to cover.
Using a round icing tip, make a round frosting base on top of each cupcake. Do this by continuously piping frosting without moving the tip, making sure to get a little height.
Carefully sprinkle more crushed graham cracker with your hands over the top of the frosting. Don’t dip the cupcakes because the frosting will fall off. Gently tilt the cupcake around so that you can cover the entire frosting base.
You can use a French star tip or an open star tip. Fill your pastry bag or Wilton Dessert Decorator with half white frosting and half teal frosting. Pipe additional frosting on top with a couple of swirls.
Press a ring candy onto the front of each cupcake.
Add two Mini Golden OREO Cookies on each side of the ring candy to represent Mickey’s ears.
Optional: Add nautical sprinkles sparingly around the entire cupcake.
Voila! See? Easy Disney Cruise Cupcakes!
MINNIE MOUSE FONDANT BOWS
I’ve only used fondant once ever, this was my second timing using it. I was excited to try out Satin Ice brand fondant along with the cute little bow mold that I found. Not sure why it took me so long to try something like this, it was way easier than I could possibly imagine. You just need to add a tiny amount of fondant to the mold, gently pop them out and let them set. So exciting and making it super easy to turn these Mickey cupcakes into Minnie in no time.
MORE DISNEY CUPCAKES
These Minnie Mouse cupcakes are one so cute with a pretty pink sugar cookie on top.
Have Disney Descendants fans? These Hades Cupcakes are ridiculous easy.
Pumpkin Mickey Cupcakes are perfect for fall, Halloween or even Cinderella parties.
- 12 Prepared Vanilla Cupcakes
- Wilton Buttercream Frosting, Medium
- Wilton Buttercream Frosting, Medium, Tinted Teal
- 1/2 Cup Crushed Graham Crackers Crumbs
- 12 Blue Raspberry Gummy Rings
- 24 Mini Golden OREO Cookies
- Nautical Sprinkles
- Tiny Yellow Fondant Bows - optional for Minnie Mouse. (Yellow Fondant + Bow Mold)
- Spread a thin layer of frosting on top of each cupcake. Add graham cracker crumbs to a small shallow dish and press each cupcake in the crumbs to cover.
- Make a round frosting base on top of each cupcake using a round icing tip. To achieve this, continuously pipe frosting without moving the tip, making sure to get some height.
- Sprinkle more crushed graham cracker with your hands over the top of the frosting, being careful not to tip the cupcakes over so that the frosting will not fall off. Gently tilt the cupcake around to easily cover the entire frosting base.
- Fill your pastry bag or Wilton Dessert Decorator with half white frosting and half teal tinted frosting. Using either a French star tip or an open star tip, pipe additional frosting on top with a couple of swirls.
- Press one gummy ring candy onto the front of each cupcake.
- Add two Mini Golden OREO Cookies on each side of the ring candy to represent Mickey's ears.
- Optional: Add Fondant Bow to make Minnie Mouse Cupcakes.
- Optional: Add nautical sprinkles sparingly around the entire cupcake.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.