Who loves chocolate? I do! These double chocolate filled cherry cupcakes are just what you need to get your sweet fix!
Topped with a simplified ganache and a cherry, they are an easy crowd pleasing dessert.
Remember the easy chocolate coating on the easy Boston Cream Pie Cake?
That's the same ganache-like icing on today's cupcakes.
I really loved how simple it was to make using only Baker's Chocolate and COOL WHIP.
I've always had a difficult time finding the right consistency when it comes to pourable chocolate.
The last time I attempted it, I ended up with a disaster and it looked anything but gorgeous.
But, this mixture is just perfect. It's just perfectly thick to spread over a cake or cupcakes but not runny where it's dripping completely off the cake.
It's perfection, I'm definitely going to be using this trick frequently when creating yummy!
My son helped me whip up these goodies. We started by combining a devil's food cake boxed mix as directed and then added a box of JELL-O Chocolate Pudding to it.
We poured them into our cupcake liners and baked away.
For the delicious cherry filling, we mixed 1 cup of boiling water with 6 oz of Cherry JELL-O until it was dissolved .
Then, we placed that in the refrigerate to cool for about 15 minutes. After it cooled off, we mixed 3 cups of Cool Whip into it.
This is such a delicious and simple way to add filling.
It was used in a Black Forest Cupcake recipe, totally yummy!
After our cupcakes cooled completely, we inserted the tasty cherry filling into the center by using a thin round cake decorating tip. Voila!
After the delish cherry filling was inserted, it was time to frost the tops of the cupcakes with that simple chocolate coating.
It takes under a minute to melt together, then cover each one with it.
Totally yummy! For a final touch of fun, we added a cherry on top of each cupcake!
Totally upping the cuteness factor! What do you think?
These cupcakes were so easy to make and I loved all of the clever ways to create and add flavor to treats using shortcuts with Kraft products.
I can't believe how many awesome things you can make from enhancing the flavors of cakes, frosting and filling by adding Baker's chocolate and JELL-O gelatin or pudding.
Makes for easy fun baking with kids too!
- 1 Box of Devil's Food Cake made according to directions replacing water with milk instead)
- 1 Package of 3 oz of JELL-O Chocolate Pudding
- 1 Container COOL WHIP, 16 oz, softened
- 4 oz. BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, chopped
- 2 Packages of 3 oz or (1) Package 6 oz of JELL-O Cherry Gelatin
- 12 Maraschino Cherries, drained
- Mix your Devil's Food Cake according to package directions (use milk in place of water) and add package of JELL-O chocolate pudding to the mixture.
- With cupcake liners, divide the mix into evenly.
- Bake according to box directions.
- Meanwhile, Add 1 cup of boiling water to (2) packages of the cherry gelatin. Mix until dissolved. Set in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Remove and fold in COOL WHIP (About 3.5 cups) until fully blended. Put the mixture aside.
- Once the cupcakes are cooled, pipe the cherry filling into the center of each cupcake.
- Next make the chocolate topping by melting 4 ounces of BAKERS chocolate WITH remaining COOL WHIP.
- Add both to bowl together and microwave for 40 seconds and mix until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Top each cupcake with a thin layer of the chocolate topping.
- Add cherry garnish and sprinkles if desired.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 229Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 6mgSodium 62mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 1gSugar 22gProtein 3g
Bake up something fun with your kiddos any day of the week!
What are your favorite kind of cupcakes to make?