Summer celebrations could not be complete without ice cream! Add a hefty dash of red, white and blue toppings and it’s official! Enter this delish Patriotic Ice Cream Bar that will be the center of all things good this season. This delish idea is made extra simple and colorful with the help of Color it Candy™ Gumballs, Sixlets and Pearls. This is a sponsored post with Color it Candy™, all opinions are my own.
When the sun is out, the fun is out! This tasty ice cream buffet is all you need to kick off summer in all the right ways. You can serve it as the main attraction. I mean… who wouldn’t want to enjoy an ice cream party? You can also just add it on as a dessert bar for any kind of BBQ, cookout, party or soiree you have planned over the warm months ahead.
Let me show you all of the fabulously simple things I used to make this magical dessert bar happen! Red, white and blue toppings are so much easier than you think, thanks to Color It Candy! They have everything needed to amp up the color for any fiesta!
RED, WHITE & BLUE ICE CREAM BUFFET
We all scream for ice cream! Let’s jump right into all the basics needed to get this delicious party started!
ICE CREAM BAR SUPPLIES
Here are all of the very basics needed to get started.
- Ice Cream
- Variety of Cones (Sugar, Cake &/or Waffle)
- Paper Bowls or Dishes
STARS, STRIPES & SPRINKLES SIGN
Download the Stars, Stripes & Sprinkles Sign – (pdf)
ICE CREAM BAR TOPPINGS
Now onto the colorful part of the party! Toppings!
- Color It Candy Shimmer Powder Blue Pearls
- Color It Candy Red Pearls
- Color It Candy Shimmer White Pearls
- Color It Candy Blue Sixlets
- Color It Candy Shimmer White Sixlets
- Color It Candy Red Sixlets
- Color It Candy Blue Gumballs
- Color It Candy Shimmer Powder Blue Gumballs
- Color It Candy Shimmer White Gumballs
- Patriotic Sprinkles
- Patriotic Icing Decorations
- Whipped Cream
- Maraschino Cherries
HOW TO SET UP AN ICE CREAM BUFFET
Once you have all of your ingredients and supplies gathered up, the rest is easy breezy. Here are some quick tips for party success.
- Place all of your toppings into their own individual dishes along with spoons for serving.
- For parties with smaller children, plan to scoop out the ice cream into their cone or dish.
- For an older crowd, let them serve themselves for the ultimate in handsfree party ideas.
- Add simple red, white and blue decorations or balloons to add to your party theme.
Want more sweet ideas to get poppin’ with this 4th of July? I’ve teamed up with Amy from Savvy Saving Couple to bring you even MORE easy ideas to make your summer more festive.
As a part of this deliciously sweet collab, be sure to check out her Red, White and Blue Ice Cream recipe and more colorful festive fun with Color It Candy.
RED, WHITE AND BLUE PARTY IDEAS
Candy, candy, candy! If you love these pretty Color It Candy options, you will also love how they look in this candy board.
This pretty Patriotic tiered dessert tray is a fun way to serve up something sweet this summer.
These yummy popcorn treats are a perfect Patriotic party favor idea.