These easy red, white and blue bars are as delicious as they are easy to make. This dessert recipe is just perfect for Memorial Day and 4th of July celebrations! These colorful blondies are topped with the best Patriotic sprinkles around.
These simple blondie bars will be an instant hit for all of your patriotic parties and will delight people of all ages. If you've been searching for easy red white and blue dessert recipes, you definitely hit the jackpot.
EASY PATRIOTIC DESSERT
These bars are among the easiest red, white and blue desserts you’ll find around. Anyone can make this and the base recipe is so highly customizable, it’s a total win. You can tweak these to your liking and add any pretty Patriotic sprinkles that you love. You can even make a few different variations to serve for the same party. The possibilities are endless.
CAKE MIX BLONDIES
Making blondies can happen easily by adding white chocolate chips to a box of white cake mix. This simple recipe are the easiest blondies you can make. This might just be your new favorite.
After preheating the oven, we’ll make a simple blondie mixture using very basic ingredients.
Next up, we’ll separate and color the mixture using both red food gel and blue food gel. That’s where most of the colorful magic happens. It’s also the step that you can customize to be any color you need it to be. How fun?
Spoon the red batter on to the blue batter in your baking dish and use a knife to create a swirl design.
Once they've completely cooled down, it’s officially time to add the fun final touches to perfect these colorful blondies.
Piping some icing over top and adding the cutest festive sprinkles is the way to go.
See? I told you how easy it is to whip up an easy red, white and blue dessert. This go-to recipe is a keeper.
- 1 box white cake mix
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg (beaten)
- ¼-⅓ cup milk
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Food gel (Wilton Neon Gel Food Color Set)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the first three ingredients. Slowly incorporate milk, starting with ¼ cup and add more if necessary. The batter should be thick and resemble silly putty.
- Add white chocolate chips.
- Transfer about 1 cup of batter to a small bowl. Add red food gel and mix until fully incorporated.
- Add blue food gel to remaining batter and transfer to parchment lined 8x8 baking dish.
- Spoon red batter on to the blue batter and use a knife to create a swirl design.
- Bake for 25 minutes then cover with aluminum foil and bake for another 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Once the blondies have cooled, use a pastry bag or baggie to drizzle frosting and add sprinkles.
Nutrition InformationYield 9 Serving Size 1 bar
Amount Per Serving Calories 170Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 24mgSodium 60mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 0gSugar 11gProtein 2g
HOW TO MAKE BRIGHT COLORED DESSERTS
If you've tried coloring baked goods with food coloring in the past, you know how easy it is to ruin them. Am I right? The solution is simple. You need to make sure that the dessert doesn't burn n the oven. A simple solution is to add foil over the baking dish for most of the cook time. It will make all the difference.
BEST PATRIOTIC SPRINKLES
Are you looking for red, white and blue sprinkles? These edible Patriotic sprinkles found here at Michaels are seriously amazing and absolutely perfect for these bars and any other red white and blue party desserts you’re making. The additional of tiny stars really take this one over the top if you ask me.
RED WHITE AND BLUE RECIPES FOR MEMORIAL DAY & BEYOND
Need more red white and blue desserts for patriotic entertaining? This list of desserts will help:
Here is some savory inspo, too:
EASY BLONDIE RECIPES