This easy dinosaur recipe is the perfect dessert for dinosaur themed parties. Made with a simple cake mix base and topped with the very best edible dino sprinkles available, they will be an instant hit for any prehistoric celebration you have planned. This post contains affiliate links.
These easy blondie bars will be an instant hit for party goers of all ages and any dino obsessed friends you know.
BEST DINOSAUR DESSERT
These dino bars are the best dinosaur dessert you’ll find around. Between being so easy that anyone can make them to the recipe being highly customizable, it’s a total win. It’s perfect to surprise your little dino lover and awesome for dinosaur party food. When looking for dinosaur recipe ideas, there are so many to choose from but this one scores with how easy it is to make as well as the super cute cuteness factor. You can even customize the colors easily to match your party theme.
HOW TO MAKE BLONDIES USING CAKE MIX
The simple addition of white chocolate chips can turn an average white cake mix into delicious blondies that everyone loves. These are some of the easiest blondies you can make.
After preheating the oven, we’ll make a simple blondie mixture using very basic ingredients.
Next up, we’ll separate and color the mixture using both green food gel and light green food gel. That’s where most of the dino magic happens. It’s also the step that you can customize. You might perfect adding a little orange food gel or perhaps blue food gels instead to match your own dino vibe.
Once the blondies have completely cooled, it’s time to addall of the final touches to perfect these.
With a drizzle of chocolate frosting over the entire batch of blondies and the perfect dinosaur sprinkles, this simple dino dessert is an instant win!
BEST DINOSAUR SPRINKLES
I’ve been on the hunt for the best dinosaur sprinkles for the longest time and I finally found them. These edible dino sprinkles found here on Etsy are seriously amazing and absolutely perfect for these bars and any other dino party desserts you’re making. The additional of tiny candy bones really take this one over the top if you ask me.
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg (beaten)
- 1/4-1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Food gel
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.In a large bowl, mix together the first three ingredients.
- Slowly incorporate milk, starting with 1/4 cup and add more if necessary. The batter should be thick and resemble silly putty.
- Add white chocolate chips.
- Transfer about 1 cup of batter to a small bowl.
- Add green food gel and mix until fully incorporated.
- Add light green food gel to remaining batter and transfer to parchment lined 8x8 baking dish.
- Spoon dark green batter on to the light green batter and use a knife to create a swirl design.
- Bake for 25 minutes then cover with aluminum foil and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Once the blondies have cooled, use a pastry bag or baggie to drizzle frosting and add sprinkles.
Notes: Blondies will be slightly gooey in the middle when they first come out of the oven but will firm up once cooled.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 112 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 18mg Sodium: 39mg Carbohydrates: 8g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 6g Protein: 2g
MORE DINOSAUR IDEAS
Here are more dinosaur party food and party ideas.
MORE BLONDIE RECIPES