Are you ready for another simple and satisfying dessert? How about an easy mandarin orange dessert?
A couple of weeks ago, I shared the pineapple version of this delightful sweet bite.
It's basically just three ingredients whipped up by hand into a glorious easy mandarin dessert that will knock your socks off.
Okay, maybe not literally but it sure will instantly cure any sweet tooth.
That is a real "condition", isn't it?
But seriously, I'm amazed at how just three ingredients come together to make this epic treat!
If you remember the pineapple version on Cutefetti, it's just canned fruit in syrup combined with dry pudding mix and whipped topping.
But the result is anything but "just".
EASY MANDARIN ORANGE DESSERT
Enjoying it chilled from your fridge is like walking into a spring wonderland and topping with another dab of whipped cream takes it right over the top. Literally!
I've yet to meet one person who did not find this flavor combination dreamy and the recipe easy to make.
MANDARIN ORANGE DESSERT INGREDIENTS
There are just a small handful of ingredients to make this wildly popular treat. Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card to get the exact measurements.
- Undrained Mandarin Oranges in Light Syrup offers just the right amount of sweetness to enliven a delicious dessert recipe.
- Dry Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding breaks all boundaries by giving you that creamy taste without having to whip up any extra ingredients.
- Thawed Whipped Topping - This creamy, easy-to-spread ingredient can be easily incorporated to elevate any dessert.
The beauty of this basic recipe combo is that there are so many flavor possibilities. I absolutely love it! Find a list of some of my favorites at the bottom of this post to get started.
Here's the unbelievable simple recipe for these sweet bites of goodness. It's completely easy to make, but tastes amazing. It's so easy to double and triple this recipe to serve for special occasions. It's particularly popular to serve at Baby Showers.
- 1 can (15 oz.) Mandarin Oranges in Light Syrup, undrained
- 1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1 cup thawed Whipped Topping
- Mix mandarin oranges in juices and dry pudding mix until pudding mix is dissolved .
- Gently stir in whipped topping.
- Refrigerate for an hour before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 96Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 1mgSodium 92mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 1gSugar 9gProtein 1g
If mandarin oranges aren't your thing, make sure to peek at the Pineapple version!
For another twist, try this new Pineapple Banana Dessert recipe, too.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe and that it inspired some creativity in the kitchen. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions to share with me about this post, please leave a comment below or use the contact page.
Be sure to take pictures of your creations and tag them with @cutefetti on social media so I can see what yummy things everyone is making from my recipes. Mostly importantly, have fun with it!
What other canned fruits or pudding flavors do you think would be tasty with this recipe?
I'm ready to experiment with more!