Tropical holiday season? It’s a lot different than celebrating in the North Pole. To give a nod to those of us that live in a hot climate, I whipped up some super cute Palm Tree Christmas Cupcakes with Flamingos just in time for Christmas in July! This post may contain affiliate links.
Ever since moving to Florida from Rhode Island, Christmas has been drastically different. Where once we enjoyed snow, now we enjoy-ish the heat. It really is hard to wrap your head around for the first few years. BUT, I’ve always been obsessed with the idea of decorating a palm tree for the holidays even long before I lived here.
These palm tree treats are the closest I’ve gotten to date and I am kind of obsessed already! I just might be inclined to deck my halls with a real one soon. Until then, let’s decorate some adorable cupcakes!
Nowadays, I’ve even more up for celebrating any and everything, so let’s go in hard for Christmas in July, shall we?
PALM TREE CUPCAKES FOR CHRISTMAS
When it comes to baking up something that looks like you spent a lot of time on it, but didn’t…this recipes takes the cupcake. This cute cupcake tutorial relies on box mix cupcakes, but you can use any recipe you like. I prefer white or yellow cake for this since it will match up with the decorations best.
No baking skills and no frosting skill required to make these fun and festive treats.
Here’s what you need to make these:
- Prepared Vanilla Cupcakes
- Store-Bought Buttercream Frosting & Frosting Tip w/ Pastry Bag
- Palm Tree Cupcake Toppers with Christmas-theme. I got mine on Etsy, here.
- Mini Flamingo Figures or Flamingo Cupcake Toppers. The ones I used are here from Amazon.
- Matching Sprinkles – I am loving the blend I have with traditional colors + a heavy added dose of pink sprinkles.
- Cupcake Liners for Baking and Extras for Decoration
Now that you have your ingredients and tools gathered, let me share my current favorite way to simply frost cupcakes when you have no decorating skills like me.
EASY FROSTING IDEA
What you will need for this cute and simple tall frosting fix:
- Store-Bought Buttercream, I prefer Wilton’s with a Medium Consistency here for the best no fuss cupcake icing results.
- French Star Tip, this is my current favorite tip, here. So inexpensive, I highly recommend it.
- Pastry Bag or other Frosting Dispenser like Wilton’s Easy Dessert Decorator. Just be sure to select a compatible frosting tip that works with the system.
Start by spreading a layer of frosting over the top of each cupcake. Then, pour sprinkles into a shallow dish and the cupcakes into the sprinkles.
Then, add the fancier looking frosting. For this, I used a french star tip and pipe the frosting on in a circle motion and stacking up to three layers to give the cupcakes height. SO simple to do, you won’t believe it.
WHEN IS CHRISTMAS IN JULY CELEBRATED?
According to Wikipedia, it’s celebrated most commonly on July 25th although some recognize July 12th as well.
Personally, I consider the entire month of July to be a GREAT time to get in the holiday spirit.
FUN CHRISTMAS CUPCAKES
If you like unique cupcakes for the holiday season, I have even more fun inspo for you to choose from.
Minion Christmas Tree cupcakes are the perfect fun holiday dessert for the kiddos.
For something unusually but adorable, these pink Christmas tree cupcakes are so whimsical but SO easy, too.
Hey PEEPS. Here are the fun cupcakes you need for the holidays! Kids will have fun decorating these.
- 6 Prepared Vanilla Cupcakes
- 2 Cups Store-Bought Buttercream Frosting (w/ Frosting Tip w/ Pastry Bag)
- Christmas Sprinkles
- Palm Tree Cupcake Toppers with Christmas-theme.
- Mini Flamingo Figures or Flamingo Cupcake Toppers.
- Cupcake Liners for Baking and Extras for Decoration if Desired
- Start by spreading a layer of frosting over the top of each cupcake.
- Then, pour sprinkles into a shallow dish and the cupcakes into the sprinkles.
- Then, add the fancier looking frosting. For this, use a french star tip and pipe the frosting on in a circle motion and stacking up to three layers to give the cupcakes height.
- Carefully place a few additional sprinkles onto the piped frosting.
- Place your cupcake toppers on top, as desired.
- Add cupcake to an additional matching liner if desired for a fancier look.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.