This post is sponsored by the Family Celebrations promotion at Publix. The opinions and text are all mine.
Make any night a fiesta when you make this Mexican Layered Salad. With layers of rice, refried beans, and the perfect vegetables, the whole family will be ready to dig in. This unique and hearty twist on a classic layered salad is easy with fun ingredients such as Knorr® Sides, Cacique Crema Mexicana Table Cream and Isadora® Refried Beans available at Publix. It's a great time to take advantage of their Family Celebrations promotion in honor of Hispanic Heritage Month for savings. Keep reading for details.
Before we chat about how to put this yummy salad together, let me tell you about the savings on some ingredients and more that you can take advantage of right now. To save over $35 between now and 10/2, visit GettheSavings.com or grab the coupon flyer in-store at Publix. If you don't see the flyer upon entering the store, just ask for one at customer service. There is a wide selection of products included from Knorr Sides to select packages of Bounty, too.
I was able to find great savings on products used in this Mexican Layered Salad:
- $1 off any two Knorr Sides or Selects
- $3 off any one Bounty with digital coupon
- $1 off any one Cacique Creama Mexicana Table Cream with digital coupon
- 50¢ off any one Isadora® Refried Beans
MEXICAN LAYERED SALAD RECIPE
Pull out your favorite salad bowl and get ready for some fun and festive layers of delicious goodness. Layered salads are a great way to get a delicious meal on the table in no time. The best part is that you can customize it with your favorite ingredients! This layered salad has layers of rice, refried beans and vegetables like lettuce, tomato, avocado and cheese.
It's perfect for any occasion when you need to feed a crowd or if you're just looking for something easy to bring the entire family to the table. When I was younger, I always loved when layered salads were served. They were just so intriguing. It was one of the only times that I got excited to eat a lot of veggies. Let me show you the ingredients that I chose to create this show-stopping family meal that you can make now.
MEXICAN LAYERED SALAD INGREDIENTS
VEGGIES - It's not a delicious salad without lots of veggies. For this recipe, I used shredded lettuce, corn, and onions. Then, I used more as garnishes for the top of the salad.
RICE - For a flavor-packed option, I used Knorr Fiesta Sides, Taco Rice. It's ready in minutes and adds a hearty layer to this salad.
BEANS - I adore refried beans for this for that hearty vibe. Isadora® Refried Beans are packed with flavor and ready to eat, making for the perfect addition to this yummy dinner salad.
CHEESE - Add your favorite shredded cheese for a delicious pop of flavor. I love a good extra sharp cheddar blend or a Mexican blend. Yum.
SOUR CREAM - We add some fresh lime juice and salt to make this an epic addition to this salad.
DRESSINGS - Cacique Crema Mexicana Table Cream is a fun way to dress the top of a gorgeous layered salad. This was the first time that I tried it and I'm hooked. I also love a little ranch or chipotle ranch for this.
GARNISHES - This is one of the best parts of this salad. Have fun getting a little creative if you like. I used jalapeño slices, sliced cherry tomatoes, lime slices, fresh cilantro, and crushed nacho tortilla chips.
HOW TO MAKE MEXICAN LAYERED SALAD
The first thing to do is choose a large salad bowl. A glass or any clear bowl will be best to showcase the amazing layers of the salad.
Prepare the Knorr Fiesta Sides, Taco Rice according to package directions and let cool. Meanwhile, warm the Isadora® Refried Beans and let cool.
Start by layering the rice into the salad bowl first and then smooth the refried beans over the rice. It's okay if the layer doesn't completely cover the rice.
Then, add one bag of shredded lettuce evenly as the next layer. Next up, add the shredded cheese layer.
We will add the drained corn followed by chopped onions before adding the last bag of shredded lettuce.
The final layer will be sour cream blended with fresh lime and salt. Smooth over the top.
Lastly, it's time to decorate the top with the extra ingredients and garnishes including chopped cherry tomatoes, lime slices, fresh cilantro, crushed nacho tortillas followed by a gorgeous drizzle of Cacique Crema Mexicana Table Cream over the top.
Have fun with it!
I'm obsessed with how this turned out, it was such a yummy way to share a family meal. I can't wait to make this one again and again.
- 1 Package of Knorr® Fiesta Sides Mexican Rice, Prepared According to Package Directions
- 1 Package Isadora® Refried Beans 15.2 oz, Warmed According to Package Directions
- 2 Packages of Shredded Lettuce, 8 oz each (16 oz total)
- 1 Can Fire Roasted Corn, 14.75 oz, Drained
- 1 Package Shredded Cheddar Cheese or Mexican Blend Cheese, 8 oz
- ½ Large Red Onion, Diced
- SOUR CREAM LAYER:
- 1 Container Sour Cream, 16 oz
- Juice of One Lime
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- SALAD GARNISH
- 1 Pint Cherry or Grape Tomatoes, Halved
- 2 Avocados, Sliced
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper, Seeds Removed, Sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Cilantro, Chopped
- 1 Lime
- 1 Cup Nacho Tortilla Chips, Loosely Crushed
- SALAD DRESSING
- Cacique Crema Mexicana Table Cream
- Ranch or Chipolte Ranch
- Choose a large salad bowl. Clear or glass is best for showcasing the pretty layers.
- Prepare the Knorr Fiesta Sides, Taco Rice according to package directions and let cool. Meanwhile. Warm the Isadora® Refried Beans and let cool.
- Layer rice into the salad bowl first and then smooth the refried beans over the rice. It's okay if the layer doesn't completely cover the rice.
- Add one bag of shredded lettuce evenly as the next layer.
- Next up, add the shredded cheese layer.
- Add drained corn layer.
- Add chopped onions layer.
- Add last bag of shredded lettuce.
- Mix Sour Cream Ingredients together. (Lime, Salt & Sour Cream) Spread sour cream mixture over the top of the salad.
- Decorate the top with the extra ingredients and garnishes including chopped cherry tomatoes, lime slices, fresh cilantro, crushed nacho tortillas followed by a gorgeous drizzle of Cacique Crema Mexicana Table Cream over the top if you like.
- Serve immediately or cover tightly and refrigerate. Best enjoyed in the first three days.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 513Total Fat 37gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 19gCholesterol 65mgSodium 632mgCarbohydrates 40gFiber 9gSugar 13gProtein 13g
This nutritional information is for reference only. We are not responsible for these calculations.
Be sure to shop the Family Celebrations promotion at Publix now through 10/2 to stock up on the ingredients used to create an epic family meal!
What would you add to this festive layered salad?
MORE EASY DINNER IDEAS TO TRY